Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Song of the week: Something in the water

Hallo! It's a sunny day today with a top of 27 degree! Was listening to radio Sonshine.fm while driving and heard this catchy happy energetic song by Brooke Fraser and thought more lovely people should hear it too!

I love the 'Oooh oooh' part where there's whistling like on the background and the 'Aah aah' part and i was humming along too! It's an awesomely fun song about love and missing someone you love..

The music video is quite entertaining too! I was wondering why her hair appearing damp...then i realised of course there's something to do with the water! haha. love the Penguin deluxe hard cover The Odyssey appearance in her video too! She has a beautiful voice and all of her songs are so nice too! :)

Also, if you like a freebie (who doesnt!)...you can download her lovely ballad May Waltz for free on her website.

This song made my day even lovelier! It's perfect for a balmy evening~  Enjoy!




image from Brooke's myspace
New album FLAGS will be released October 12, 2010.
http://brookefraser.com

Lyrics:
Do do do do do do do do do do

I wear a demeanor made of bright pretty things
What she wears, what she wears, what she wears
Birds singing on my shoulder in harmony it seems
How they sing, how they sing, how they sing

Give me nights of solitude, red wine just a glass or two, reclined in a hammock on a balmy evening
Il pretend that it's no thing that's skipping my heart when I think
Of you thinking of me babe I'm crazy over you

Aaah Aaah Aaah
there's something in the water, something in the water
Aaah Aaah Aaah
There's something in the water, that makes me love you like –

I've got halo's made of summer, rhythms made of spring
What she wears, what she wears, what she wears
I got crowns of words a woven each one a song to sing
Oh I sing, oh I sing, oh I sing

Give me long days in the sun, preludes to the nights to come preludes of the mornings laying in all lazy give me something fun to do like a life of loving you
Kiss me quick now baby I'm still crazy over you

Aaah Aaah Aaah
there's something in the water, something in the water
Aaah Aaah Aaah
there's something in the water that makes me love you like I do

Oooh oooh oooh (x3)

Give me nights of solitude, red wine just a glass or two, give me something fun to do

Aaah Aaah Aaah
there's something in the water, something in the water
Aaah Aaah Aaah
there's something in the water that makes me love you like I do

Aaah Aaah Aaah
there's something in the water, something in the water
Aaah Aaah Aaah
there's something in the water that makes me love you like I
Do do do do do do do

---

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails