Don't need a reason to bake i told myself. So i simply googled for cookie dough recipe and I found this recipe at Taste.com.au.
The recipe is easy to follow & the dough turned out Perfect!!
- 250g butter, softened
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1/2 cup cornflour
- Using an electric hand mixer, beat butter, sugar and vanilla until pale and creamy. Add egg. Beat until well combined.
- Sift flour and cornflour over butter mixture. Mix well. Divide in half. Press each half into a disc. Wrap each disc in baking paper. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Roll each disc out between 2 sheets of baking paper to 3mm-thick.
- Using letter-shaped biscuit cutters, cut letters out of dough. Place onto trays. Roll leftover dough together and repeat. Refrigerate biscuits until firm. Bake for 15 minutes or until light golden. Stand on trays for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Hint: Dip cookie cutters into flour in between cutting each biscuit to prevent dough from sticking.
Here are some photos taken while i was having heaps fun cutting out the alphabets...it was quite tricky and fiddly...some alphabets are harder to cut than others.
|i love sprinkles!|
|love to create|
More photos at my Flickr!
Brewing mind is thinking of more words to make while munching away the little alphabet cookies...irresistable!
I made a boxful of alphabets and other shapes...gonna bring them to church to share with the Sunday School Kids! I think they will have fun with the alphabets!!
Stay tuned...more words coming... suggestions welcomed!! =D